Government and Military
As a certified Woman-Owned Small Business (WOSB), Language Directions has a successful record of providing essential, customized language and cultural training to the U.S. military. We meet all language challenges quickly and competently. Language Directions develops, updates and customizes your courseware materials to meet your specific mission objectives. Language Directions currently works with the U.S Army and the U.S. Air Force providing specialized language and/or cultural training.
- Translation & Interpretation
- Aviation English
- Pre-Deployment Language and Cultural Training
- Accent Reduction
- Working With Other Cultures
Language Directions has a successful track record of providing qualified foreign language speaking Role Players for various scenarios and exercises in classrooms and in field exercises. Foreign language speaking Role Players are native or near native and have the cultural background from the targeted region. English speaking role players can also be provided for participation in exercises that do not require a foreign language.
Language Directions provides customized just-in-time pre-deployment classroom training in language, cultural awareness, and appropriate behavioral training for military and contractor personnel.
At the conclusion of a two week course, students learn to:
- Comprehend the complexity, basic customs, values and diversity of the target region or country as they relate to military duties in building rapport with partner nation counterparts.
- Comprehend the role that religion plays in the historical, cultural, and political development of the countries in the region.
- Comprehend the natives’ perspective on their country, U.S. culture, military, and other regional influence.
- Demonstrate familiarization with conversational language of the target country or region.
- Comprehend and demonstrate the techniques used to select and interact with an interpreter.
- Comprehend the role cultural and social influences play on military roles and structure.
All education and training is provided by native speakers of the target language and is student-centered with an emphasis on hands-on scenarios and practical exercises. Our professional, technically qualified personnel, possess the necessary experience and knowledge to teach the required skills, as well as develop, update and customize your courseware materials to meet your mission objectives.