Accent reduction (also called modification or pronunciation) programs begin where conventional English as a Second Language (ESL) courses end. Individual or small group instruction available.
Based on years of linguistic research and teaching, our course is designed specifically to aid foreign-born individuals in improving their spoken English and to bridge the gap between formal English instruction and accurate American English proficiency.
The average participant experiences at least a 50% improvement in pronunciation and usage of American English.
- An initial interview and professional speech evaluation
- A completely individualized learning program based on a phonetic analysis of student’s speech
- A comprehensive set of practice exercises in a CD-ROM
- A worksheet of customized practice words which are especially important to the student
- Personal live instruction
- A self-study program for continuing improvement at the end of the course
Virtual Accent ReductionTravel schedules and remote locations are not an issue for clients of Language Directions. We are set up to handle all of your language needs virtually. Give us a call and we’ll explain how.