In April 2010, U.S. Labor Secretary Hilda Solis issued a directive that safety training be delivered in a language that workers can understand and in a way they can understand it. Language Directions is proud to offer this required training, taught completely in Spanish or English. Customized instruction held on-site in your choice of location.
This course is designed for all construction workers, foremen and anyone involved in the construction industry. OSHA recommends Outreach Training Program courses as an orientation to occupational safety and health for workers covered by OSHA 29 CFR 1926. OSHA-certified outreach trainers will conduct the training. The OSHA 10-hour Construction Course covers OSHA-mandated topics and other possible elective topics (listed below).
After completion of the course, attendees will receive a certificate of completion, plus the official wallet card issued by OSHA.
Required OSHA Topics:
- Introduction to OSHA
- Focus Four (Fall Protection, Electrical, Struck By, Caught in/between)
- Personal Protective and Lifesaving Equipment
- Health Hazards in Construction (hazard communication, silica)
- Stairways & Ladders
Elective Topics (examples):
- Excavations & Trenches
- Tools (hand, power)
- Scaffolds Cranes, Derricks, Rigging and Hoisting
- Material Handling, Storage, Use & Disposal
- Confined Space
- Steel Erection
- Motor Vehicles & Powered Industrial Vehicles
- Hot Asphalt